Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Scary Health Care Exp - Part 2

This is a "sort of" part two to my earlier post, as I feel I left out some pertinent information.

The Mind:
The mind is a powerful force. It can enslave us or empower us. It can plunge us into the depths of misery or take us to the heights of ecstasy. Learn to use the power wisely.

I cannot begin to express the truth in this quote. My mind became so toxic and my thinking became so distorted. I would never want anyone to have to go to the depths of hell that I have been. When you become stressed, your cortisol levels increase, which depresses the growth of brain cells. So not only was I poisoning my brain with drugs (prescriptions) but my stress about the situation was causing it to get worse. My mind was just as sick, if not worse, than my body. It wasn't until I chose to make an conscious effort towards being healed, that progress was truly made. If you have any issues going on in your life that are making you unhealthy in any way, the healing starts with you and your thoughts.

The Body:
“Yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind and soul.” 


When I physically began to decline, I was devastated. I had always been into competitive sports. Not only that, I was my own worst enemy in terms of competition. To me, it was always about the end goal, at any cost. It wasn't until I was forced into yoga (I HATED yoga), that I learned the power of its healing capabilities. It taught me that the lesson is in being still, breathing, letting go, and appreciating the transitional periods, not just the destination. I had always thought I would be judged for not being flexible, or that I was too fat, or whatever, but truth is, everyone in your yoga class is there for themselves and they couldn't care less about what you are doing. Yoga taught me to connect with the world, with my Creator, and ultimately myself. I cannot even express the divine wisdom in yoga.

“Possessing strength and stillness is a sign of balance: power and serenity combined in one moment. It’s challenging enough to hold either one, let alone both, in perfect equipoise, but that is the goal if we want to be balanced.” 

I also discovered the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the traditional Hindu system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing. It's basis is that we each have our own "bodily constitution" which we must acknowledge and nourish for optimum health. I would encourage any of you with health issues to research the fascinating power of this ancient medicine.

The Soul:
"Your soul - that inner quiet space - is yours to consult. It will always guide you in the right direction."

In my deepest, darkest hell I found light at the end of the tunnel. I learned to listen to myself. I learned to drop my ego, and learned ultimately we are here to learn the lesson and power of love. In love is goodness and light, and that is the answer to all of life's questions. It truly is about seeing the good in people and treating them as that good person you see underneath their facade. Yes, people will hurt you and disappoint you, but when you look deep inside yourself and connect to life in such a manner, you can clearly see that people hurt you because they hurt from something.   You must understand that people disappoint you because they are disappointed in something.When you look hard enough, you can see the image they are portraying to the world to protect their own hearts.If you treat them as the good person they are, they will open up and grow themselves. I have seen it first hand, and it is an amazing thing to witness when you see the cold melt off of a person.  Can you imagine the world if we all stopped taking our pain out on others?

In short, healing begins with the DESIRE to heal and it is carried out by the COMMITMENT to yourself. There are many types of illnesses plaguing the wonderful people of this world. And I can attest that the power truly comes from within.

And be the light and support of those that are hurting most (and are hurtful), for they are the ones that NEED your love. I would not be here today had I not had the amazing support system that I do. I owe my life to the people whom always had my best interest in mind. My husband who put up with me for YEARS in this hell, my daughter who briefly lost her mother and still somehow is turning out to be an amazing soul, my family that never questioned me, my friends that stood by my side when I wasn't myself, and the very few health and wellness professionals that showed me the way.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment