Monday, October 28, 2013

Think For Yourself

Question everything.

As a parent, one of the greatest gifts I can give to my children is to instill in them to question everything. But when I say 'question everything', I don't mean from a place of ego. When I question things, it is no longer because I think I am superior or right. It is because I seek the truth. Too many times we take things at face value. We assume that our boss has our best interest. We assume that the govt has our best interest. We think that other people ultimately have our best interest at heart. This couldn't be further from the truth. Some people truly thrive on taking advantage of others (it gives them power) and some people take advantage of you with some sort of unconscious reckless disregard for other human beings (unawareness of their actions). How many times have you been burned when you don't question the situation? Don't let your ignorance be someone else's power. Be aware of false knowledge.

I am not asking you to be a cynic or bitter, but simply seek the truth for yourself.

Peace and love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment