Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Finding Balance

When I woke up this morning, I could definitely feel the residual debauchery from my weekend. With what I have gone through health-wise over the last 5 years, once you start to get well, you will cling onto that "wellness" with your bloody fingertips, hanging on for dear life.

My back muscles were sore and achy. My feet, knees, and hips were achy. My stomach was upset and I was nauseous. All I wanted to do was climb back in bed and rest my tired, sore body. But something in me said, "Kristin, this is 100% your fault. You have been indulging in Starbucks everyday for the last three days. You have been drinking too much, eating crappy, and not taking time for yourself." I paused and realized, yes, this was my fault. Now, keep in mind I wasn't trying to 'kill' myself. I had been very busy with a new business venture, helping plan a friend's birthday party, and baby sitting my grandson all week. We also had family in town, spent all day Saturday out and about, then attended a play and birthday party Saturday night. Life happens. Things come up. And it is so important to welcome those things because that is what life is all about. We (hopefully) strive to be all we can to those we love. But remember, you have to take care of yourself before you can be in top shape to take care of others. Balance is the key. And let me tell you, I have a very hard time being consistent with balance in my life.

So yes, I threw off my own health (unintentionally), so I have no one else to blame, and nothing to do but fix it. So I dragged my own sore ass out of bed. I made myself an organic half-fresh juice/half protein shake to restore my body from the inside. I called my miracle worker chiropractor, Dr. G and made the next available appointment. And I put in a gentle yoga DVD. I consciously worked towards "finding my balance" again. I have learned that your body will tell you exactly what it needs if you can quiet your mind enough to hear it.

"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."

K


No comments:

Post a Comment